In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The second meal is a quarter loaf of brown bread with peanut butter and margarine.
- It produces a yearly crop of around 140,000 tonnes which is processed into products like vegetable oil and margarine.
- Take a suitable pan, grease with margarine or butter and dust with flour.
- Serve with your choice of toppings - margarine, sour cream, chives, Bacon bits.
- You really need to put a layer of either butter or margarine on the bread first.
- Avoid fried food, and stay clear of margarine and other processed vegetable oils.
- Crush pumpkin and add cornmeal, milk, sugar, salt, onion, pimento pepper and margarine.
- Just a few ounces of cheese, butter and margarine were allowed per person, along with one fresh egg a week.
- The packed lunches were found to be high in fat because of crisps, chocolate bars, biscuits and the amount of butter and margarine used.
- They are served hot or cold spread with butter or margarine and sometimes jelly jam and cream.
- This is why it is added to foods such as bacon, smoked fish, canned vegetables, margarine, bread and savoury snacks.
- Never substitute margarine for the butter, since the whole point of shortbread is its buttery taste.
- The one recorded by his cook contained peanut butter and banana spread on white bread then fried in margarine until sizzling hot and brown.
- When you eat soy oil in foods other than margarine, it is almost always hydrogenated.
- All we can buy from the supermarket is sausage, bread and margarine.
- In a separate bowl, beat margarine, honey, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Do not add butter, margarine or vegetable oils to baby foods or soft table foods.
- They ate bread and margarine and vegetables grown by their unpaid gardener.
- I am pleased Paul eats primal fare such as this, and little in the way of unhealthy man-made fats such as margarine and processed foods.
- Shea butter in refined form has been used for margarine and as a substitute for cocoa butter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.