In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(on animal, plant)mancha femenino
- Condor was a black horse with silver markings on the outsides of all four legs, in the form of streaks.
- The distinctive markings of pronghorns, especially the bright white rump patch, make them easy to spot.
- The adult insect is a moth with silvery-white forewings and brown stripes and black markings on each wing tip.
- Skippy is a medium-sized bitch, mostly white with black and brown markings.
- Some have distinctive markings on their heads and on their carapace, or upper shell.
- This is where the Doberman gets his short, gleaming coat, and the fine black and tan markings.
- The most common American shorthair color is the silver tabby with dense black markings on a sterling silver background.
- The number of black markings can also range anywhere from no spots to 15 spots.
- The juvenile looks similar but lacks the white facial feathering and black markings on the belly.
- It can be recognised by its distinctive yellow markings around the beak and bells on its leg.
- These hatch into white and pale yellow caterpillars with black heads, black markings, and a black horn.
- On her belly is a beautiful pattern of black and white markings.
- They were of a copper color that was almost metallic, with black angular markings down the legs and around the waist.
- It really is a handsome beast with black and green markings.
- Artists are also likely to use the natural markings of the animals as they develop their compositions.
- He was a strange stylised round creature about a foot and a half tall with markings like black and white cows - only less symmetrical.
- They have distinct black markings on the ends of their fins, particularly the first dorsal and caudal fins.
- You can hardly see their faces under their manes, just black markings around the mouth and lolling pink tongues.
- It has beautiful black and white markings on its head and the foregoing adults of both sexes have very long horns.
- With its striking brown and white markings and glossy skin, the somewhat docile snake was weighed and checked in at 26,6kg.
1.2(manmade)marca femeninoroad markings — líneas de señalización vial femenino
- It always pays to fully explore well away from the wreck and to mark on the plotter any significant markings of loose wreckage.
- Teardrop was known as a friend of the homeless and was easily recognised because of the tattoos all over his body, including tribal markings on his face.
- Connor could make out the distinctive hull markings that showed that this was no ordinary vehicle.
- I, myself, was in a serious accident at Newby Bridge in 1994 and as a result, new and improved road markings were put in place at the accident spot.
- The planes were parked on the ramp and given a coat of Olive Drab camouflage along with period markings.
- The project also served as a test site for a new 3M wet reflective tape for highway markings on concrete.
- Green markings which have been put down to delineate a cycle way on the road at Waterhead, Ambleside, have caused a flurry of letters to the Gazette in recent weeks.
- They also want crossings illuminated when being used and railway vehicles to have reflective markings.
- Other measures in the plan include new lane markings, anti-skid surfacing and several hundred yards of bus lane on Brighton Way up to the roundabout.
- The markings were patterned, dividing the door into four quadrants, each with identical designs.
- Also at one point the object seemed to light up the solid white reflective center roadway markings.
- She noticed that he had strange red markings on his skin, scorches possibly.
- On the contrary, we know that the pattern of ink markings on the page you are reading was impressed on the ink by the printing device.
- Stockport council will now have to spend thousands of pounds to reverse the markings at 30 crossings to comply with new government regulations.
- Amateur collectors in East Anglia have now found stone tools and animal bones which show markings that can only have been made by humans using such tools.
- As for the line markings on the streets, they are obeyed even less than street signs.
- British Transport Police paid to have the car modified, which included fitting flashing lights, communication systems and markings.
- The available ground will be soon marked out with distinctive markings.
- To tackle that, clear weight restriction signs could be put in place before vehicles reach West Chevin Road, as well as hazard markings and warning signs.
- She wore a grey hooded top and had trainers with white luminous markings, which looked new.
2Escuela UniversidadI've got a lot of marking to do — tengo muchos ejercicios (or cuadernos etc.) que corregir
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.