1.1(act)casamiento masculinomatrimonio masculinoenlace masculino formalshe tried to prevent their marriage — trató de impedir que se casaran
- marriage to sb — enlace con algn
- marriage vows — votos matrimoniales
- Strong marriages or partnerships do not just happen; they require effort.
- Improving your marriage brings great rewards.
- A man who was in a coma for six weeks after a road accident and can't remember his wedding has renewed his marriage vows to his wife who is helping him back to health.
- It is anyway a false distinction to divide marriages into the happy and the unhappy, and to say that when they are happy, ownership is unimportant.
- She seems to have painted little after her marriage in 1640.
- We have about 12 weddings a year and last year we did a marriage vows renewal service which went very well.
- It was indeed mentally invigorating to enter into a debate on arranged marriages versus love marriages.
- Many of these unions grew into happy and successful marriages.
- She refused several of his marriage proposals, but she finally relented and they got married in 1962.
- Serious ill-health and in 1951 the break-up of his marriage increased his problems.
- When they returned a few hours later, Jeff showed Charlie the marriage license.
- My wife's daughter from her previous marriage is coming to stay with us for a few days.
- She had been refused free NHS treatment because her husband has children from a previous marriage.
- By working less and staying at home more, I believed naively that my husband would come home to domestic bliss and a happy marriage would ensue.
- He claims to have separated 11 months after the marriage due to the wife's infidelities.
- My name is Steve, and I will be performing your marriage ceremony today.
- Nothing tied him down - no restrictions, no regulations, no marriage vows.
- He only discovered her duplicity when he found a marriage certificate in her handbag.
- The husband submits that the marriage was not a traditional one wherein the wife sacrificed her career in order to stay at home to care for children.
- While Bernadette and Patrick did exchange wedding vows, their marriage is not legally binding.
1.2(relationship, state)matrimonio masculinomarriage to sb
- her marriage to the poet lasted two years — estuvo dos años casada con el poeta
- a marriage of convenience — un matrimonio de conveniencias
- he gave him his daughter in marriage — le entregó a su hija en matrimonio
- before noun marriage counseling / (British) guidance — terapia de pareja
- marriage counselor / (British) marriage guidance counsellor — consejero matrimonial
- But asserting that loss of individuality within marriage is still primarily a female problem is a point that seems much harder to argue in a world where roles are shifting all the time.
- But with large numbers of unions still ending in divorce and many couples choosing to cohabit and raise children out of wedlock, has marriage had its day?
- A York family marks 75 years of marriage today - as parents and daughter celebrate their golden and silver weddings respectively.
- A former British soldier and his German bride, who overcame prejudice in post-war Germany, were today celebrating 50 years of marriage.
- It's a very American piece, like a sketch show, a revue about love, dating, marriage, children, divorce, death, so we go from being eight to 80 in the show.
- With National Marriage Week starting today and Valentine's Day looming we spoke to two very different couples and one divorcee about their experiences of marriage.
- People often pose the question in terms of social equality, but marriage is also an institution of economic rights.
- A couple's wartime romance led to 60 years of marriage.
- Was it conservative to insist that she would not allow marriage and family to stand in the way of her legal studies or, once called to the Bar, her career as a lawyer?
- Their research showed that marriage brings such life-enhancing benefits as lower blood pressure, improved diet and enhanced mental well-being.
- But then, I thought that's what marriage was about.
- They were both factory hands when they married at the age of 19 and 22 and spent their first year of marriage in Calne, before moving to Melksham in 1933.
2literario(union)maridaje masculinounión femenino