In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1partida de matrimonio femeninocertificado de matrimonio masculino(with masculine article in the singular) acta de matrimonio femenino México
- The claim must be supported with death certificates and marriage lines of the past descendants plus the applicants own birth certificate.
- The coming local elections are well and truly a family affair, with seven husband and wife teams joined on party lines as well as by marriage lines to fight seats.
- Once the certificate is deposited, you can obtain an officially certified English-language translation of your marriage lines at any time, upon application and payment of the appropriate fee.
- The registration of marriages and the issuing of ‘marriage lines ' to be held by one of the spouses, usually the wife, were important procedures for establishing status and the legitimacy of children.
- Using birth certificates, archives and marriage lines John tries to understand more about the circumstances surrounding his birth and why he was given away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.