In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1centro de clasificación masculino
- Chalk was important to yard operations for without it switching freight cars in marshalling yards would have been slower and much more difficult.
- Once a busy rail marshalling yard, the seven-acre site has been transformed into a 581-space surface car park with top-of-the-range safety features.
- It wants to build a rail transport hub on the site of the Tinsley marshalling yard which would take thousands of lorry journeys away from the region's roads each year.
- A new major new freight marshalling yard near Kleinburg was part of these plans.
- For many years, chalk played an important role in everyday railway operations in freight marshalling yards.
- When the coal industry declined the huge marshalling yards in the areas were closed and this coupled with the modern ‘Firecracker ‘welded lines means that this source has dried up.’
- Railway procedures ensured that, every two or three hundred kilometres, goods trains would pause in marshalling yards, where they had to be re-labelled.
- The first relief train, from Los Angeles, steamed into the Berkeley marshalling yards by eleven that night.
- Stations were often the scene of innovations because they had problems in parcel handling, rolling stock shunting and above all wagons in marshalling yards.
- The photo targets were specified airfields, refineries, and railway marshalling yards.
- The Air Force began bombing targets in the Pas de Calais, railway marshalling yards and important bridges.
- The misreading of the way of the world led to the construction of several almost completely useless marshalling yards.
- The key components of the rail system, marshalling yards, were physically located in the midst of German urban areas.
- If that were to happen, the railway itself would have to be rebuilt - stations, track and marshalling yards - and it would become as big an environmental nuisance as the road is now.
- Tracks in the marshalling yard consisted of two groups of six tracks each, 2380 to 2680 feet long.
- Part of the vaulted foundations to the goods shed and marshalling yard areas of the former railway station will also be removed.
- The changed layout would incorporate a new entrance, marshalling yard, goods lift and stairwell and would see the removal of the staff lockers and office located on that level at present.
- Coal and other goods too are being transported to the railway marshalling yard by road.
- The network is alive night and day with the thundering rattle of powerful locomotives and the incessant clanking of machinery in repair depots and marshalling yards.
- A second look at the contractor's operations, their plant, equipment and marshalling yard, convinced me of their due diligence to complete the project on time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.