In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1artes marciales femenino
- Although Judo is a martial art it is not based on strength so much as an understanding of one's limits.
- I was narrow-minded in the beginning and used to regard judo as the only martial art.
- After all, aikido is a martial art for self-defense, so we become very sensitive to attack.
- Judo is the only martial art sport to be represented in the Olympics.
- Judo is a martial art combining the use of quick movement and leverage to throw an opponent.
- We are working at the moment with a Japanese master who is showing us aspects of Budo and martial arts.
- I forget that Aikido is a martial art that includes dealing with weapons and also using them.
- His study of judo is to approach it as a martial art, that can be practiced as a sport.
- He spent nearly a year studying kendo, karate and other Japanese martial arts.
- Samantha has trained in karate and helps to teach other youngsters the martial art.
- Taekwondo is a modern martial art form characterised by its fast, high and spinning kicks.
- Judo was designed as a martial art to be used as a personal self-defense or a medium for competition.
- Kendo is a highly dynamic, highly aerobic sport or martial art that is based on the ancient art of Japanese fencing.
- Still others would say it is a martial art, a self-defense system, or a form of combat.
- We may miss the chance to master a martial art because our time is limited and mastery comes from practice.
- Judo is a martial art and an Olympic sport, which originated in Japan.
- Like most activities, the way to enjoy Judo or any other martial art is to learn to relax.
- Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that incorporates hand drums and looks more like a dance.
- He also runs regularly and has taken up two different martial arts - karate and wing chun, a form of tai chi.
- Choosing a school and a martial art is not an easy endeavor, and it is important to make the right choice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.