In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1marciano masculinomarciana femenino
- Like Martians, they have their own unique mode of communicating.
- They also found tracks that they thought were from the Martians.
- All the Martians in the room laughed maliciously at the display.
- Well, Martians haven't invaded and we've avoided nuclear war so far.
- An orphaned prodigy of the first manned expedition to Mars, Smith is raised by Martians before being returned to earth.
- What they don't know is that there really are Martians in the mansion.
- Even though she was sure that she could escape from the Martians once she was captured, she wasn't so sure that she could do so unscathed.
- Let's hope the Martians are willing to contribute their fair share.
- In the movie, no motive is given for the Martians ' aggressiveness other than their impish, evil nature.
- Nonetheless, curious reports of canals, faces and sculptures have helped to foster a belief in Martians for many years.
- April brings an invasion from the skies - aliens, UFOs and Martians.
- There are good Martians and there are bad Martians.
- Who those Martians were is a question that may never be answered - Hey!
- Every day more flying saucers came, and that meant more Martians.
- He could see no survivors, just green Martians everywhere he looked.
- However, Martians dislike this air, earth's air, because it causes aging.
- We managed to capture a photograph of what are now perhaps the tiniest Martians on Mars.
- In order for the Martians to bring the captive before their leader, they needed to supply the human with a spacesuit.
- They believed that their country had been invaded by Martians!
- He had figured the Martians ' security to be lax but not this lax.
- More specialised instruments were designed to take detailed measurements, such as the amount of hydrogen gas in the upper Martian atmosphere.
- Carbon dioxide could be taken directly from the Martian atmosphere.
- Blue light, needed for photosynthesis, is more readily absorbed by the Martian atmosphere.
- When the gas was analyzed it was found to have isotopic ratios identical to those found in the Martian atmosphere.
- Scientists have also been able to see for the first time how water is being lost from the Martian atmosphere.
- For example the Martian atmosphere is getting sizably thicker than it was before.
- The red color of Martian soil is due to the presence of large quantities of iron oxide.
- Weather data sent back from Mars Express will help us to perfect these Martian weather forecasts.
- Engineers have proposed passing Martian atmosphere through zeolite crystals.
- Those similarities may result from Martian winds distributing the soil around the entire planet.
- There is so much dust in the Martian atmosphere that twilight routinely lasts for two hours.
- For a Mars settlement to be truly permanent, it will need to use Martian resources to sustain itself and grow.
- Mission engineers are curious to learn how the heat shield behaved as it passed through the Martian atmosphere.
- Methane could be manufactured from the carbon dioxide in the Martian atmosphere.
- Fortunately, the Martian atmosphere is so weak that even these giant twisters are harmless.
- The Martian meteorite crashes through the Earth's atmosphere - a blazing fireball.
- The impact of the much larger Martian oscillations on the planet's climate is thought to be even more significant.
- The mix of gases in the Martian atmosphere makes the speed of sound 20 percent slower than it is on Earth.
- It has been calculated taking into account the density of the Martian atmosphere, the winds and many other factors.
- There is now a general consensus among planetary scientists that methane is a real part of the Martian atmosphere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.