In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If the scales are not level with each other, use plywood or some other material, such as aluminum or Masonite, and shim them until all four scales are level.
- For the past few years, my students have used Masonite panels for the execution of their projects.
- Working often on Masonite or other board, and occasionally even on cardboard when he lacked funds, he would lay down a warm, dark tone, sometimes simply a coat of shellac, on which to paint.
- Since the shelves would have to support a good amount of weight, I cut Masonite rather than foam board to fit tightly into them.
- Now, each student used their transparency to project onto their prepared Masonite panel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.