In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masajearshe massaged his neck — le masajeó la nuca
- She closed her eyes and carefully massaged her painfully hard stomach.
- It massages the abdominal muscles, alleviating digestive disorders.
- This involved sitting in a heated seawater bath while jets massaged her body from top to toe.
- You step into the specially designed bath and hundreds of revolving jets or water from nozzles massages the entire body from the feet to the neck.
- Once all were in place, the therapist used other hot stones to massage me all over.
- This treatment involves basking in a warm bath while more than 100 jets massage your body.
- I had a quick shower, and was then back on the table to be covered with piping-hot towels then pummelled, kneaded and massaged all over.
- He started to massage my body and I felt my tension draining away as I started to drift off.
- The sessions are aimed at teaching parents how to massage their babies and share in the magic of loving touch.
- Spend at least 5-10 minutes massaging the entire body and then relax for 5 minutes.
- You'll enjoy the feeling of gently massaging your baby, but miss out her spine and avoid nut-based oils such as almond oil.
- The fingers that were upon my shoulder blades were massaging me at a hard, but gentle pace.
- Then massage the entire body, applying even pressure with the whole hand - palm and fingers.
- She was brought back to reality when the kind hands stopped massaging her.
- Some massage therapists use oils or lotions to reduce friction while massaging your body.
- He revelled in the exquisite pleasure of the warm spray massaging his body.
- Be very careful when massaging anyone with special medical or health issues.
- No oils or lotions are used and the session usually lasts about 20 minutes as only the upper body is massaged.
- The duration of each treatment also varies according to the amount of body surface to be massaged.
- Your entire body may be massaged and your limbs may be stretched and gently shaken.
- Company bosses have felt under pressure to massage figures for ever more spectacular results.
- Market research is all about manipulation - massaging figures to meet your own ends.
- Many companies massage their bottom line earnings per share figures following acquisitions.
- It massages its figures by claiming that the organization has rehabilitated 1,000 schools.
- I am worried though that his rebuttal after the fact contains some massaging, for fear of the ensuing explosion.
- Jones, who massaged facts and refused to face questions, dodged responsibility to the last.
- He said civil servants would have spotted any attempt to try to massage or rig that result.
- Naturally one has to stop short of suggesting that the BBC's figures have been massaged.
- One suspects that at least some of the reason is that the unemployment figures are thereby massaged.
- Firms massaged their profit figures upwards so as to discourage hostile takeover bids.
- I mean, how many people know that examinations have never been an exact science, and that results have always been massaged and fiddled to fit?
- The company wouldn't be attempting to massage its figures by including third-party shipments would it?
- In order to massage the statistics the definition of extremist criminal offences was changed.
- Coming back to the bill itself, I find that the figures have been massaged.
- Crime figures, like any statistics, can be massaged to suit any occasion.
- Instead of spending money on youth centres, welfare and social services, they have cut state expenditure and massaged the figures.
- Did you misread it, or have they been massaging the record after the fact?
- The two members take the view that this is all much of a variation on massaging figures and not so serious as to warrant dismissal.
- Senior managers had deliberately massaged the figures in order to meet targets.
- Similar structures had been created to massage accounting numbers and inflate profits.
1masaje masculinoto give sb a massage — darle un masaje a algn
- a shoulder/foot massage — un masaje en los hombros/en los pies
- before noun massage parlor / (British) parlour — salón de relax
- She offers aromatherapy massages to ease tension and back pain, and manicures, pedicures, arm and foot massages to improve joint mobility.
- A full body or facial massage is the perfect way to top off your home-spa experience.
- You could learn massage to ease pain, for example, and support your partner in the different positions she may want to use during labour.
- All types of massage can have an effect on the skin, muscles, blood vessels, lymph, nerves and some of the internal organs.
- The massage also gave my body a chance to rebalance itself, and the light-headedness had gone by the end.
- The gate control theory of pain also has been used to explain the effectiveness of massage in pain control.
- Sessions with a massage therapist eased the tension and Rhona began to think that there was some hope of recovery.
- I had a Japanese shiatsu massage in a pagoda scattered with frangipani petals, as the sea rolled onto the beach under my head.
- They will return to the spa for a back tension massage followed by a luxury facial.
- Oils are generally applied by the aromatherapist by means of a full body massage.
- This plant will keep insects away when used in oil burners and in massage will relieve muscle tension.
- The treatment involves a complete exfoliation, including the face, followed by a shower and a body and face massage.
- The types of massage differ in the hand strokes used on your body and the pressure applied with each stroke.
- He developed an interest in massage and body work and observed football trainers and others involved with sports.
- You get a full body massage and exfoliation, so your skin feels like silk and you know there aren't going to be any areas you've missed.
- The massage of muscle movement will stimulate the flow of stagnant blood in your leg veins.
- Regular massage encourages circulation, and helps relax both body and mind.
- The most common conditions that require just remedial massage are shoulder pain and stiff necks.
- The massage systems also reduce shoulder tension caused by prolonged sitting and cervical pain.
- I'm not sure that massage would actually relieve the pain, but it would certainly make me feel better!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.