In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mastectomía femeninoa partial/radical mastectomy — una mastectomía parcial/total
- It may be possible for women who have had a mastectomy to have reconstructive surgery without the use of implants.
- Reconstruction can be done in the same operation as the mastectomy, and may be more successful if it's done straight away.
- A proportion of patients who have a mastectomy are advised to undergo radiotherapy to reduce the risk of local recurrence.
- The authors recommend their large-tissue-section approach for routine handling of all breast excisions and mastectomies.
- There are sports bras, nursing bras, bras designed to take prosthetic breasts for women who have undergone mastectomies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.