In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matemáticoshe's a mathematical genius — es un genio para las matemáticas
- I'm not very mathematical — no soy muy bueno para las matemáticas
- He did important work on differential equations and applications to mathematical physics.
- The mathematical equations of Newton or Einstein make no explicit mention of direction in space.
- The first phase of the process is to search for equations that satisfy certain mathematical properties.
- His mathematical work concentrates on set theory, where his concern is the nature of a set.
- He is chiefly known, however, for his work on mathematical and statistical tables.
- The mathematician contemplates how the various mathematical ideas relate to each other.
- He shook his head as he glossed over the mathematical equations again.
- No mathematical theorem could require the number of pages these fellows were taking!
- It introduced a complete system of mathematical and logical notation, yet none is used today.
- He also wrote on applications of the symbolic calculus to mathematical physics.
- His most important mathematical contribution is the application of geometry to optics.
- He also studied the foundations of geometry which was his own mathematical speciality.
- In mathematical language, the diagrams are graphs, and problems arise at the nodes of the graphs.
- Do not be put off by the mathematical equation, because this is really not very complicated.
- For an asymmetric algorithm, it is easier to attack the underlying mathematical problem.
- Sometimes this general theory is contemplated or worked out in terms of mathematical equations.
- His interests are in discrete differential geometry and mathematical visualization.
- In Newton's theory of motion there is basically one mathematical equation to solve.
- One of the most ancient of mathematical curiosities is the so-called magic square.
- His mathematical work covered Cartesian geometry and the theory of equations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.