In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Teatrofunción de tarde femeninomatiné(e) femenino América del Sur
- A number of shows will be performed at 8pm while matinees are also taking place at 2.30 pm.
- They are thinking of continuing their matinees at the theatre, and may have a supper at their grand opening, which is not yet set, although plans are to hold it somewhere near the end of April.
- As well as the evening performances there is a matinee on Saturday, at 2pm.
- And it concludes with two sell-out matinees, on Saturday and Sunday next.
- It was join in, or sit on a chair and shut up, whilst the rest of the world played football or went to the Saturday matinee at the local cinema.
- She remembers as a child going to traditional Saturday matinees at her local cinema, and said: ‘It's something that has been missing.’
- We're suddenly deep in John Wayne territory, and there is very little that we haven't seen in countless afternoon matinees and war movies from the 1950s.
- All of the children performed excellently, in view of the fact that they had already performed in a matinee at midday.
- It was a huge success and tickets sold out for each performance and also the Sunday matinee proved very popular.
- His many friends will be glad to learn that he is none the worse for his experience and was on the stage for the matinee this afternoon.
- The matinee performance on Tuesday was sold out and people were turned away as all 253 seats were full.
- He was not at the manifesto matinee and missed the screen idol attention that would accompany it.
- Prices at morning and afternoon matinees will be 53 cents.
- Local schools have again been quick to book for the two matinee performances.
- Sunday's performance is a matinee, so I want to go to bed as soon as I can and get as much rest as possible.
- The matinee performance of The Taming of the Shrew has already sold out!
- The performances - matinees and evenings most days - will take place within the Tower's courtyards and its gardens near the main house.
- Its popularity in 1948 with both schoolchildren and adults saw the Blossom Street picture house bursting at the seams during matinees and evening performances for weeks on end.
- Already three of the matinee performances have been sold-out so do check at the Opera House.
- After afternoon matinees in the summer, my coworker and I would change to our bikinis and sunbathe on the roof of the theater.
2Cine(de la tarde) primera sesión femeninomatiné(e) femenino América del Sur
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.