- Bioabsorbable technology is a revolution that has set new standards in maxillofacial surgery.
- Thermoplastic syntactic foam could be used to repair bone defects, provide prostheses for maxillofacial reconstruction, serve as intervertebral spacers, and be used to fabricate orthopedic and other implants.
- An 85 year old woman was referred to the department of maxillofacial surgery by her general dental practitioner with a three week history of sore throat.
- Plastic surgery, general surgery or maxillofacial surgery may be necessary for deep wounds or those requiring significant debridement and closure.
- I embarked on medical training in 1961 as a mature student with two years of general dental practice and three years of hospital oral surgery and maxillofacial trauma behind me.