In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1efímera femeninocachipolla femenino
- After the war he became physician to the Commonwealth embassies in Moscow and turned many a stone in search of mayfly larvae, to the bafflement of his footsore minders.
- Arctic species of mayflies, scale insects, midges, caddisflies and other groups are known to be parthenogenetic.
- If so many people of our own time are among the greatest Britons who ever lived, are we developing the long-term memory of a mayfly?
- He could have added that they also consumed mayfly larvae, caterpillars, beetles, and ants.
- Rations include a variety of insect larvae, especially mayflies, blackflies, caddis flies, and midges.
- Also unlike modern mayflies, the larvae apparently did not require flowing water.
- When the mayflies emerge from the water as winged adults, they're called ‘duns.’
- Although a lot of flying insects are referred to as ‘flies’ - butterflies, dragonflies, mayflies, and so on - the true flies belong to the Diptera.
- Excellent fishing was reported from this water for most of the week with good hatches of mayflies in most areas when the weather was suitable.
- The students are looking at features to encourage biodiversity and create new habitats for sensitive species such as dragonflies and mayflies.
- Such differences strongly suggest convergent reduction in the antennal flagella of odonates and mayflies.
- During the breeding season, they also eat insects, especially dragonflies, mayflies, and caddis flies as they emerge from their aquatic larval stage.
- Every day the sun sets behind blurred clouds of stonefly, caddis, midge or mayfly dancing against the horizon.
- As larvae, the mayflies have spent two years feeding and growing underwater but now it is time for them to begin their brief lives in the air.
- Young lads would then get a few farthings for catching dungflies and mayflies.
- In rivers rainbow trout will feed primarily upon the larvae of mayflies and caddis flies.
- Later in the year, when there are big hatches of adult mayflies and caddis flies, chub will position themselves on the edge of the current, ready to intercept the constant supply of food passing them.
- The first land snails appeared, and insects with wings that can't fold back such as dragonflies and mayflies flourished and radiated.
- The most important insects vary with the season but the bulk of them are either mayflies, caddis, midges or terrestrials.
- Although their roles as parasitic castrators has been documented, relatively little is known about the biology of ciliate parasites in mayflies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.