In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As you mayn't hold the ball for more than three seconds, the game has pace; and as Norwegian girls are traditionally athletic, these matches are played with speed, skill and courage.
- They mayn't always understand the context of what they find appealing, but it still seems better than what hasn't worked in their own experience.
- In the case of macular degeneration, our experience mayn't completely serve us or the client if we don't understand what we're dealing with.
- Maybe if I sandwiched them between two cool movies, it mayn't be so noticeable, but I didn't think of that.
- Even though society mayn't grasp this simple idea doesn't make the concept bad.
- may not
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.