In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The mayo calls for 2 egg yolks, salt, dry mustard, vinegar, and one cup of olive oil.
- On our last visit we tried the BBQ pork with pickles, mayo, soya sauce and cilantro for $3.50.
- There's no special sauce or anything, although they do use ketchup, mustard and mayo.
- Inscribe this on my tombstone: He liked his mayo, but gave his life for his schmaltz.
- You can have marinated chicken and spiced mayo in a French loaf or grilled aubergine with mozzarella in multi-grain bread.
- The potato base was accompanied by generous chunks of salmon and leak and served with salad and a wasabi mayo.
- To save calories, hold the mayo and add some yourself if you need it.
- The big man was delighted with his prawns, which were simply but attractively presented with the garlic mayo served in half an oyster shell.
- Mix together the low-fat mayo with the cheese and garlic.
- To add zip to your fat-free mayo, mix in some cayenne pepper.
- It's particularly tough to notice the excess in California rolls because the white crab conceals the mayo.
- Yes, this carnivore's haven offers a veggie burger that, when ordered without the mayo, is actually low in fat.
- I had a hummus and chicken wrap with roasted peppers that would have been delicious but for the watery mayo it was drenched in.
- Than he would come back five hours later for lunch and he would sit in the same stool and order the pastrami on rye, easy on the mayo and a large coke, with a side curly fries.
- As we all know, the mayo in the tuna, the oil in the tofu and chocolate chips in the pudding contain enough calories and fat for an entire day.
- Ginger-wasabi mayo and Asian slaw spark the wine's lemony finish.
- I said that because of the condiments: the mustard and mayo, the lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Stir together the mayo and the creme fraiche or sour cream.
- First prepare the mayo: place the egg yolks, mustard, 1 tsp lemon juice and plenty of salt and pepper in a food processor and process for a few seconds.
- I always bring things like pre-made chicken salad, tuna salad and salmon salad - minus the mayo.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.