In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(course/river) serpenteanteit was a meandering speech — fue un discurso lleno de divagaciones
- But during my long, meandering walks through London, I marveled at the architecture, parks, and people.
- He tossed all the company men overboard and took his rag tag crew on a meandering route to Barbados.
- Built on seven hills and intersected by the meandering River Vltava, Prague offers a stunning array of architecture.
- Slowly the landscape changed as the two elementals followed the meandering river.
- The centerpiece of Cumbler's story is the meandering Connecticut River, stretching from the border with Canada to the Atlantic Ocean.
- The humans pursued a meandering course through the forest.
- Oxbow lakes are formed when river channels cut through their own meandering paths and form shorter courses, leaving standing bodies of water.
- The aptly titled venue was surrounded by a huge gorge, rolling bluffs and a meandering river.
- One antiqued gray-green shape suggests a Japanese stone lantern, while its surface mimes an aerial view of a meandering river.
- The opening animated graphic is a meandering roadway which, after describing a few bends and curves, stops and emits skinny flagpoles flying the section headings.
- The space for each city was divided in two by a meandering path extending from Cario to Dakar.
- The last phase of the project converted the meandering Kissimmee River, the main watershed artery to Lake Okeechobee, into a formless drainage canal.
- The rear garden is dotted with mature spruce trees and frames a view of the meandering Derry river, which provides a natural boundary for the property.
- In the avalanche of smells and sounds and sights on the crowded beach we had forgotten the twins, each of us assuming that they were following our meandering path.
- A bank of lush vegetation separates the tree-lined driveway on one side from its boundary, which is defined by the meandering river Deelagh.
- The family acquired a former cereal farm, a 300 hectare spread extending along both sides of the meandering river Ega.
- A journey on a Brisbane River ferry highlights the contrasting character of adjacent pockets within the meandering river.
- And the program includes almost all the states bordering the river, from its start as a meandering creek in northern Minnesota to its end at the Gulf of Mexico - 2,500 miles later.
- I made the drive through the meandering roads of Montecito once a week.
- Grids lay upon the landscape reducing meandering rivers and their jagged embankments to scenic enjoyments or inconveniences to overcome.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.