1.1(method)medio masculinomeans of transport — medio de transporte
- they have the means to do it — cuentan con los medios para hacerlo
- there's no means of finding out — no hay manera / forma de saberlo
- by some means or other — sea como sea
- I would say half of an hour, but without a means of measuring time with me, I couldn't be sure.
- One effective means of improving the process is to request more than one reference.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
- Its successor, the United Nations, also seeks to persuade member nations to solve their difference by peaceful means.
- He offered to advise them about means of gaining assistance under the social welfare system.
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- Instruments can become indirect means of communication for autistic children.
- He took up the bass as a means of channeling his madcap intensity.
- Arts programs are one means of achieving that goal.
- He goes on to advise an effective means of achieving this goal.
- And, it is stressed, it is far from the only means of achieving business objectives.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Thorough cleaning of all equipment from planting to delivery is one of the most important means of achieving this.
- To me it was just another medium, a means of transmitting things.
- We are in the process of implementing new means of processing credit cards, a move that will result in both time and money savings for the association.
- Unfortunately, following the announcement of the results the organizer cut every means of communication!
- Holland also has developed a means of measuring each sales rep's forecasting prowess.
- Manure management is the most effective means for fly control.
- He is guilty of committing various immoral acts as a means of achieving power and importance.
- On that basis, buying back shares is just a means by which a company can distribute cash to its shareholders.
2formal(wealth) medios (económicos) masculino(wealth) recursos masculino(income) ingresos masculinoa woman of means — una mujer de buena posición económica
- we do not have the means to finance it — no contamos con los medios / recursos para financiarlo
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- You have had the means under your control for quite some time now.
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.