In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, no one said what I should or shouldn't do in the meanwhile!
- And in the meanwhile we are a little bit concerned with the slightly limited opportunities in terms of CPU overclocking.
- Here we are, talking about peace and brotherhood and all that and in the meanwhile, we're creating secret weapons!
- Brett, in the meanwhile, had turned his attentions to his wife and had managed to convince her to at least taste the cake.
- April, in the meanwhile, was flirting with a few other models, but her eyes were glued to Nicholas.
- In fact, we will return to some details of the Data Prefetch mechanism later in this article, and in the meanwhile this is exactly what you need to know about it.
- The teacher, in the meanwhile, was in the equipment room looking for his whistle.
- President Eisenhower was furious and the Soviets, meanwhile, threatened to intervene on behalf of Egypt.
- Rumors of Marie's past had spread throughout Virginia City in the meanwhile, and Joe found himself compelled to defend his mother's good name.
- Tash, in the meanwhile, remained in the car, smiling at his reaction.
- A proximity alert started to go off in the meanwhile - two Crab fighters were trailing him.
- Chantelle in the meanwhile was in awe of how much fun she was having and how far Justin could carry her at this pace.
- Jaysen in the meanwhile found a black ‘Made’ shirt and decided to buy it.
- But in the meanwhile, something new looms on our horizon.
- And in the meanwhile, they managed to reach the 2.6GHz frequency.
- Were you hoping that I would disappear in the meanwhile?
- Aimée, in the meanwhile, sat talking with the mother, questioning her with her accented English and trying to get the victim's profile.
- There was nothing of importance that happened in the meanwhile that was worth mentioning.
- This isn't actually scheduled to go to trial until February 14 next year, but in the meanwhile Intergraph seems to be getting the best of the skirmishing.
- Lorne meanwhile has left to move to somewhere else to help another friend with his nightclub.
- I glared with horror at Lucien for his crude statement, all in the meanwhile backing away from the two of them in an embarrassing attempt to hide my appalling state.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.