In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinta métrica femeninometro masculinohuincha (de medir) femenino Chile
- The best measuring tape is metal ¾ inch wide - so it won't buckle when extended - and 16 feet long.
- Lands' End relies on a list of simple questions that don't require the shopper to break out the measuring tape - such things as shoe size, sport-coat size, height, and weight.
- Another method is to use a body weight equation which only requires a measuring tape.
- She whipped out a cloth measuring tape from her pocket.
- Another man behind him held pins, a measuring tape, and a pair of scissors.
- Amelia Bird beckoned my mother to another room adjoining the one we were in presently to look at the costume as she gathered her measuring tape and a few more pins for Lacey.
- Made of found objects such as handheld yellow flashlights, measuring tape, wire and rulers, the intricate hodgepodge of elements seems about to peel away from the walls.
- Climbing the ladder with a measuring tape in her hand, she measured the wall of what seemed to be the living room.
- ‘I hope you realize that you ripped my measuring tape,’ he said in a pleasant voice.
- After Giorgio held his measuring tape to his arms, shoulders, waist and all that jazz, Kaleb was still standing quite stunned.
- Without another word, she cautiously stepped onto the stool as the tailor got out a measuring tape.
- Not too long ago, the most efficient process involved a three-person team - one with a clipboard and two with a measuring tape, calling out distances.
- Engineers would draw out their measuring tapes.
- She wound up the measuring tape and made a few marks on a sheet of parchment.
- She stood on a three legged stool, as a bustling woman with pins in her mouth and a measuring tape around her neck pinned white cloth and frills on her.
- So with field guide and measuring tape in hand, head to the woods and keep your eyes peeled for a tree with royal sap.
- ‘Umm… no,’ Dancer replied, trying to stand still as Arachne attacked her with the measuring tape.
- The fuzzy toy mouse houses a coiled measuring tape that expands to 60 inches.
- At the show, Stanley introduced a line of Fat Max hammers, measuring tapes, and utility knives.
- It is not that anybody really needs yet another hammer or measuring tape.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.