In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pan de carne masculino
- I didn't know whether to put any in the meat loaf I've been making.
- He hesitates, probably at the disturbing mental image of me making meat loaf, and scratches the back of his neck.
- You know, I remember when meat loaf came back as some comfort food and blackened everything was in vogue.
- Even stale meat loaf is still good meat loaf, if you're really into meat loaf.
- I grimaced involuntarily, thinking about the meat loaf they'd likely be serving.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.