In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He wrote articles on the methodology of mathematics and on theoretical mechanics.
- From 1899 until 1904 he was professor of mechanics and mathematical physics at Columbia.
- The historical development of mechanics reflected a similar learning process.
- Understanding the atom required a new kind of mechanics that operated through a new set of rules.
- Bonnet also published on cartography, algebra, rational mechanics and mathematical physics.
- There was no position for him at the university at this time so he was not able to teach his specialist research topics, but rather he had to teach mechanics, and statistics.
- In his role as professor Olivier lectured on descriptive geometry and mechanics.
- His texts include books on algebra, mechanics, geometry and analysis.
- He held this post until 1854 and he gave many public lectures on the applications of mathematics and mechanics to industry.
- Cramer taught geometry and mechanics while Calandrini taught algebra and astronomy.
- Heron, although very adept at both mathematics and applied mechanics, was probably not very original in either.
- He lectured on analysis, physics, mechanics, chemistry, and engineering topics.
- He applied mechanics to improve turbines and waterwheels more than doubling the efficiency of the waterwheel.
- Dynamics is defined as that branch of mechanics that deals with forces and their relation primarily to motion.
- His official courses were on quantum mechanics, classical mechanics, and complex function theory.
- No further progress was made until the 16th Century when mechanics began to drive mathematicians to examine problems such as centres of gravity.
- With this work Lagrange transformed mechanics into a branch of mathematical analysis.
- The courses he offered were on mathematics and mechanics.
- This paper contained equations which Laplace stated were important in mechanics and physical astronomy.
- The brothers were given the best education in Baghdad, studying geometry, mechanics, music, mathematics and astronomy.
1.1(method, practical details)the mechanics — los aspectos prácticos
1.2(mechanical parts)the mechanics — los aspectos prácticos
- there's something wrong with the mechanics — hay un problema con el mecanismo
2Física Mechanicsmecánica femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.