In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The true philosophy of Cudworth's intellectual system combines mechanistic atomism with Platonic metaphysics.
- The idea of a Newtonian, mechanistic universe, and thus causal determinism, is out of date.
- Three mechanistic hypotheses have been proposed to explain those relationships.
- The mechanistic basis of these phenomena is not understood.
- Until recently, this mechanistic view of nature and human beings has held sway.
- Behaviorism is an example of a theory that is founded on a mechanistic paradigm.
- Human behavior is to be explained in terms of mechanistic causes, just as the behavior of all natural phenomena are to be explained.
- It demands an approach that is the negation of purely mechanistic materialism.
- His work in chemistry was aimed at establishing it as a mathematical science based on a mechanistic theory of matter.
- Many of the most accepted theories in the social sciences encourage a mechanistic view of human nature.
- There is no morality in the mechanistic world, and no freedom, as human beings cannot act otherwise to their nature.
- Second, the integration of living beings into the new natural philosophy of mechanistic naturalism was left unresolved.
- Both sides assume an essentially deterministic, mechanistic view of nature.
- Malik seems to recognise this threat when he argues that the attempt to understand human beings in mechanistic terms is motivated by an anti-humanism.
- He believed in atomism and defended a mechanistic explanation of nature.
- Allen particularly drew attention to the mechanistic materialism that underlay these conceptions.
- Vitalism is opposed to mechanistic materialism and its thesis that life emerges from a complex combination of organic matter.
- Perhaps you think I don't accept this idea and instead think in some literal mechanistic way?
- There certainly appears to be a tension between a mechanistic philosophy and a humanistic outlook.
- This reductionist or mechanistic view of patients is no longer satisfactory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.