In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These two facts combine to make the Commission an extremely important legislative actor, especially when there are inter-institutional disagreements on legislative content and mediation and brokerage are required.
- The parties have been in mediation for five weeks.
- Children who participate in conflict mediation on a regular basis improve in their ability to engage in the process.
- As a result, conflicts over rights and responsibilities required intense negotiation and mediation.
- The agency's next step is to attempt resolution through mediation.
- There is a difference between mediation that fails and mediation that does not even start because one party refuses to participate at all.
- My understanding is that counsel decided in the context of failed mediation not to proceed with a pretrial.
- If informal mediation is unsuccessful, or the parties involved do not feel comfortable approaching one another one-on-one, the issue goes to formal mediation.
- Less serious complaints could be dealt by agreement with the complainant, internally or through mediation.
- The lessons had been learnt and, through enlightened policies, respect for national sovereignty and the mediation of the United Nations, peace would prevail.
- Should conciliation fail, the parties could then enter into mediation.
- Mediation has been repeatedly called for in the loyalist feud.
- Mediation provides an opportunity for the two parties to discuss the problem and, together, work out a solution, in an informal setting.
- Consequently, they are encouraging voluntary binding arbitration or nonbinding mediation in more cases.
- The Vietnamese army withdrew in 1989, and in 1991 four of the parties involved in the conflict concluded a peace treaty, under UN mediation.
- While we hope that most disputes will then be resolved through mediation, legal action will be made possible in the last resort.
- The other side has consistently refused mediation, the logical solution.
- For example, we will learn whether information about the benefits of mediation would be more useful later in the process of divorce and separation.
- Increasing the awareness and uptake of alternative methods of dispute resolution such as arbitration, mediation and adjudication is key to an effective civil justice system.
- And frankly, I think that that may not be a bad idea if it's done in a controlled manner through U.S. mediation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.