In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While providing herbal and mineral medicaments, he also used psychosomatic medicine as well as what is today called spiritual healing.
- The well-known illegibility of the prescription scripts frequently makes it impossible for a curious patient even to guess at the nature of the medicament.
- The compound paroxetine is known and has been used in medicaments for treating, amongst other ailments, depression.
- Not only was the existing market valuable and expanding, but there was a great potential for further expansion if a more acceptable medicament could be found and these facts were well-known.
- This invention relates to a medicament for producing an anabolic or growth promoting state in a mammal.
- Physicians avoid prescribing a medicament on this special prescription, especially when it is expensive and health insurance companies are not willing to provide reimbursement for the treatment.
- Those of us who grew up after the war remember olive oil as something that came in tiny bottles from Boots and was used as some kind of medicament.
- Three years ago the South African government proposed a clause in their Medicines Act which would authorise the manufacture of generic AIDS drugs and other medicaments in South Africa.
- For example, prescription costs may be high if different medicaments are needed for different body sites, and patients need to know that prepayment certificates can reduce the costs of prescriptions.
- The amount of the medicament in her bloodstreams was 16 times toxic levels, and it looked as if a liver transplantation might be necessary, but no liver compatible with her age and size was to be found.
- They have in the recent past included sugar, maize and maize seed, beef, stockfeed, cement, tobacco, some medicaments and cosmetics.
- The medicament may then be incorporated into the ointment.
- It also paid for the supply of expensive medicaments until the end of the year.
- An inhalation device is provided for inhalation of a powder medicament.
- Use of a compound of claim 1 for preparing a medicament for treating inflammation or an inflammation-associated disorder.
- Yet some rather toxic metals, albeit in insoluble form, have been used as medicaments: Bismuth, for example, as an antacid.
- They are often used either as adornment, or as an ingredient in potions, unguents or medicaments when crushed into powder.
- The actual medicament that is said to be suitable for treatment is produced in the patient under the supervision of the medical team.
- Before beginning the omelette, she reached up to a top shelf, brought down a tin full of medicaments, took out a pill bottle, shook two into her hand, poured a glass of water, and brought them to Kirstie.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.