In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US)organismo y programa estatal de asistencia sanitaria a personas mayores de 65 años
- How did Medicare, the federal health insurance program for the elderly, respond?
- First, Medicare wants to keep health care costs for its beneficiaries under control.
- Experts say that an alternative to Medicare is a private health insurance plan.
- This regulation is considered the most staggering health care law since Medicare.
- Kogan observes that the fastest growing federal programs are Medicare and Medicaid.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.