In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The majority use some of the many medicinal plants available in our biologically diverse region.
- Thus, the bioactivity of medicinal herbs is often underestimated.
- It is suggested that certain medicinal substances have positive pharmacological reactions.
- We started planting these medicinal plants 25 years ago organically.
- Some party members are able to heal themselves by eating food, or others with medicinal herbs.
- The product range includes clothes, food articles, handicrafts and medicinal substances.
- Although the overwhelming majority of medicinal substances come from plants, some are derived from minerals and animals.
- Somewhere in my early teens my mother became interested in herbs and medicinal properties in plants.
- A Victorian walled garden has been restored, which now contains western and eastern medicinal herbs, fruit, vegetables and flowers.
- A lavishly illustrated 18th century book of medicinal herbs has been digitised and animated by the British Library.
- It has also been demonstrated that a considerable number of Chinese medicinal herbs activate the immune system.
- There she learned how to grow and process food and medicinal herbs.
- There was also a kind of illicit thrill that they were in some way medicinal too.
- Many chemical components in Chinese medicinal herbs have an antioxidant activity.
- Over the years, people appear to have become far more interested in growing and using both medicinal and culinary herbs.
- While the majority of species are medicinal, other useful plants were also included.
- He attributed his enduring strength to the consumption of jamu, a medicinal drink of magical properties sold by street-hawkers.
- Twenty-seven percent of participants reported preoperative use of medicinal herbs.
- The most impressive sections include the long list of medicinal herbs and plants.
- Little is known about the status of toxic metals in these medicinal plants grown in polluted environments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.