1(intermediate)(size) medianosmall, medium or large? — ¿pequeño, mediano o grande?
- a person of medium height/build — una persona de estatura / talla media / mediana/de complexión normal
- of medium difficulty — de un grado medio de dificultad
- He was described as a man in his late 30s, taller than average, of medium build with short dark hair and who spoke with no discernible accent.
- This product is suitable for most small to medium size businesses that require full stock control and sales and purchase order processing.
- There is a certain amount of research that has no clear medium term pay off that is funded by governments.
- They seemed to be of medium length and one them had been pulled from the root, making a DNA check possible.
- Its bill is of medium length for a shorebird, and it has short, yellow legs.
- In addition about 90% of the quota was taken up by producers in the small to medium size categories.
- Many military installations are in or near small or medium size towns that can't absorb such a loss.
- They are about the size of a medium collie dog, but their tail is round and bushy and is carried straight out below the level of their back.
- My medium length black hair was left out in bouncy curls today.
- I smiled and ruffled her medium length light brown hair slightly.
- In captivity, the hawk-headed parrot has a life span comparable to most other medium size parrots.
- She looked to be in her mid-thirties and had medium length brown hair.
- Her medium length brown hair was loose and hung over her back.
- He had medium length shaggy black hair and bright green eyes.
- The first man was white, in his late teens, 5ft 10 in tall, of medium build, with fair short hair.
- She has fair medium length straight hair and blue eyes.
- She had a slim build and medium length, fashionably styled blonde hair.
- He is described as being medium build with a fair complexion and light brown hair.
- Her hair was medium length and brown, and she walked gracefully.
- These policies will inevitably lead to an extremely painful property market shake-out in the near to medium term.
2Cocina(steak) a punto(steak) término medio México
1plural media(means, vehicle)medio masculinoadvertising media — medios publicitarios / de publicidad masculino
- through the medium of the press — a través de la prensa
- medium of exchange — medio de pago
- Later, increasing numbers of literati acknowledged the folding fan as a medium for showing off their expertise in writing and painting.
- The meetings provide a medium for local councillors to raise the issues of their electorate on a more intimate basis with Council officials.
- The company began as a medium for senior dancers to perform.
- We could get more things done, since television would not be a medium of entertainment but rather of information alone.
- The idea of using newspapers as a medium of education goes back to the 18th century.
- Accordingly, money is brought forth into society to be used as a medium of exchange to facilitate the trade of goods of all kinds.
- He then shifts to the use of gold in Greece, Rome, and Byzantium, initially as adornment but later as a medium of exchange.
- Mostly, it was a medium for the well-off to talk among themselves.
- The internet ‘should be a medium for unbridled self-expression’, not an amplifier of fears.
- A common answer is ‘anything that can be used as a medium of exchange’.
- Chatrooms have always been popular on the internet as they provide a medium for people with similar interests to meet and discuss their opinions.
- It was a medium for collaboration and interaction between individuals without regard of geographic location, she said.
- As we built it, the library became a medium for us to design our own structure of how subjects and ideas flow.
- To use TV as a medium of education will yield rich dividends.
- We are simply providing a medium for people to tell us their experiences in confidence and presenting them to the public who can then make up their own minds.
- Which means, theatre is not just a medium for entertainment, but a reaction to the intense and complex realities around us.
- Others do not, saying that they are not bookmakers, but a medium for bets between consenting adults.
- No asset since gold in the 19th century enjoys such broad acceptance as both a medium of exchange and a store of value as the dollar.
- Given a medium of exchange, people can trade even if their wants and needs don't directly coincide.
2.1(environment)medio (ambiente) masculino
- The basal cut surface was left in the nutrient medium.
- Organic matter plays an important complementary role, especially on very sandy soils where it is practically the only medium for nutrient and water storage.
- Uptake activity depends on the growth phase of the cultured cells whereas the culture medium had no effect on uptake.
- Eggs were collected during 8 h periods in cultured bottles containing standard medium.
- This would also increase the sloughing off of cell wall surface polymers in the culture medium.
- Pollen was sprinkled on the media by gently tapping a set of three flowers directly above the surface of the medium in each Petri dish.
- Typically, by the end of batch culture nutrients in the medium would be considerably depleted.
- In doing so, this mucus becomes a culture medium for further bacterial growth, aggravating the state of recurrent infections.
- Cells were separated from the culture medium by centrifugation at 100 g for 1 min at 4°C.
- The objective of this study was to develop a suitable medium to improve in vitro pollen germination in pigeonpea.
- Alkaloid levels were determined both in the roots and in the culture medium after a culturing period of 28 d.
- Serial dilutions of the test solutions with culture medium were prepared before in vitro assay.
- The culture medium was changed after 24 h and from then on three times a day.
- The culture medium covering the cells was purged with pure nitrogen gas for 4 h.
- Blood is a great medium for the bacteria that causes gonorrhea.
- The world ocean is what laboratory scientists would call a culture medium, the largest petri dish known to mankind.
- Addition of Chinese medicines into the culture medium will significantly affect bone cell metabolism.
- The culture medium in the glass containers was exchanged every 2 days.
- In plant cell culture, the addition of exogenous sugar to the culture medium is an absolute necessity for nearly all tissues.
- This occurs when colonic bacteria accumulate above the obstructing lesion and flourish in a nutrient medium.
2.2(for growing cultures)caldo de cultivo masculino
2.3(preserving fluid)sustancia utilizada para la conservación de especímenes animales y vegetales
- We carry a large range of dry pigments, oils and mediums.
- When a pigment has a high scattering power in relation to the medium, the paint will be dense and opaque in appearance.
3(middle position)punto medio masculinoto strike a happy medium between formality and familiarity — lograr un término medio entre la formalidad y la excesiva confianza
4plural mediums(person who contacts spirits)médium femeninomedio masculino
- He asserts that this work supports the mediums ' claims that they are actually communicating with the dead.
- Other religious practitioners include spirit mediums and shamans, most of whom are women.
- I do not let spirits enter my body and speak through me, though some psychics and mediums work this way.
- Spiritualist mediums are predominantly women who hold divinations and seances in their homes; many have become successful and even wealthy.
- If an authentic medium detects a spirit that is present, they will try and convince it to move on.
- Just a few days ago, I sat down with a woman who is a medium, and we got to talking about spirits and ghosts.
- This work, by Professor Richard Wiseman, involved asking five mediums to contact the dead relatives of five volunteers.
- Nigel's devastated parents made a number of attempts to contact their son through mediums and the spiritualist church.
- Today's most successful mediums, however, simply claim the dead communicate through them.
- As a spiritual medium, telephone readings are available at a very affordable price.
- This man did not claim to be a medium but, nonetheless, believed he had talked many times with the spirit of Doyle.
- Did the medium really tell you that your dead father's name was William?
- Such beliefs are not confined to rural areas; in the cities there is a network of spirit mediums who claim to contact the dead.
- A male medium contacted the owner in 1985 and disclosed that the dead Hessian soldier had visited him in a dream.
- After making an international name for himself, he spent several years exposing phony spiritualists and mediums.
- Most people who go to a medium or a spiritualist church have lost someone and want to find out that this person is okay.
- Clients of mediums who claim to get messages from the dead are very highly motivated clients.
- During the winter of 1978, the owner was contacted by a professional medium.
- He claims he is a medium for holy spirits who talk to him in their dreams.
- Soon, half the audience is crying, convinced the medium has made contact.