In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the same time, digital cameras have advanced at a similar rate, going from 1 megapixels to 5 megapixels and with significantly more features and image capturing capabilities.
- This stylish mobile phone has room for up to 3,000 of your favourite tracks along with a 2 megapixel digital camera.
- Typicaly, these cameras provide resolutions between 5 and 6 megapixels (million pixels).
- Although digital camera makers push the megapixels, the amount of information in an image, there's a lot more to taking a great photo.
- Camera phones have gone from 0.3 megapixels to 1 megapixel, and very soon, 2 or 3 megapixel versions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.