In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1megaestrella femeninosúperestrella femenino
- National media will flock to NFL training camps next week, cameras and microphones affixed on the megastars of the league.
- One reason megastars may line up to play is the chance to project themselves on a global stage - and thus boost their attractiveness to multinational sponsors.
- These two quarterbacks have the skills to become megastars because of their ability to pass and run.
- Unknown singers hoping to be tomorrow's megastars play their hearts out for appreciative beer drinkers and cigarette smokers.
- Currently a resident of the wealthy region of Fulmer in Buckinghamshire, it must feel strange to a Hollywood megastar such as Angelina to not be the richest person in the entire street.
- How the small-time actors feel about the gulf that separates them from megastars who make megabucks is not discussed.
- All this, while turning stars into superstars and megastars, while making the good look great and the average look good, has also created a mass of sports fans craving for intimate details of sports stars/idols.
- The trio of megastars were appearing in Dublin for two sell-out shows at the end of their Ultimate Event world tour.
- As Springsteen became a megastar in the mid '80s he was able to enlist big name directors to helm many of his videos.
- The audience listened to what the superstar and the megastar had to say in rapt attention, though it was a much-seen ‘you scratch my back, I scratch yours’.
- While criticism of his on-field performances have been rare, there are those who believe his megastar celebrity status detract from his footballing abilities.
- Although the band ultimately broke up, Gilder has continued on either on stage or behind the scenes for 25 years, writing hit songs for other megastars and performing his own unique brand of music.
- We did not pick a megastar, a great sports figure or anyone with a lot of flash.
- The narrowing variety of music around has a knock-on effect on musicians - who can find themselves quickly dumped if they don't become megastars, or tied to contracts they could better if they do hit the big time.
- Ferguson, one of the last of the old-style authoritarian gaffers, has had those rules challenged in a world that makes some footballers behave like Hollywood megastars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.