In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1supertienda femeninomegatienda femenino
- But step into one of today's megastores and you don't know where to begin.
- I ask where the evidence is that any of the communities that have been blessed by the presence of a megastore in recent years have actually benefited.
- Those smaller stores, not to mention mom-and-pop operations in provincial towns, are threatened by the big international megastores.
- Both his extraordinary outfits that day ought to be on sale in the megastore soon.
- We used to go to the corner shop - we now go to the megastore.
- Their megastore in the Flaggs shopping complex in Shinjuku does have a large imported section and is open from 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. daily.
- How does a small business that retails foodstuffs and other such products survive economically when surrounded by megastores?
- The home-improvement megastore, which replaced a vacant Sears store, is the first development of its kind in the neighborhood in years.
- Still, we in New York are at a disadvantage, in that we lack the sprawling megastores with their extensive options, including takeout and eat-in stations.
- Tomorrow, voters will determine if the company can build and operate a megastore and a number of chain shops in this city of 112,000.
- According to Klein's carefully researched book, some 27 million workers in more than 70 Third World countries are now turning out the bulk of the brand-name merchandise on display in the malls and megastores of the West.
- As a result, books at these megastores have a very short shelf life, or maybe no life at all; the publication of some titles is canceled before that point if the chains don't come through with a large enough advance order.
- This suggests the new megastore is humming with estimated weekly sales of 1.9m a week - that's 100m annually.
- Visitors, especially schoolchildren, come to see historic York, not megastores bringing more traffic and pollution.
- Israel looks and feels like California; there are housing developments and big-box megastores, and the traffic is terrible.
- Suburban shopping invited first the supermarket, then the megastore.
- Both chains recently launched jazzy new megastores.
- We bite into an allegedly ripe, tomato-looking something-or-other from the megastore and we are saddened by its utter lack of substance.
- A trip to one of Edmonton's entertainment megastores confirms our shortage of sophisticated electronics.
- Last September, though, the discounter opened the first of what is expected to be about 15 megastores ringing Cincinnati.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.