- It is said that wind power can't work because wind turbines produce only half a megawatt or one megawatt, and what we need is a 200 megawatt power station.
- The Scout Moor plan would generate 65 megawatts of electricity, enough to power 60 per cent of households in Rochdale.
- In addition to the smelter and associated carbon and casting facilities, an 800 megawatt gas-fired power station also would be built at the same site.
- Since then, energy prices have skyrocketed: a megawatt of power that cost $30 in December 1999 is worth $1500 today.
- We have only 4,000 megawatts of electric power available in the entire country.