In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Models for genetic recombination have been proposed to explain the properties of genetic exchange during fungal meiosis.
- This is evidence that the genes are evolving in a concerted manner, as might be predicted for genes that mispair very frequently in meiosis.
- In most meioses, every chromosome pair, no matter how small, sustains at least one crossover - a so-called obligate crossover or obligate chiasma.
- They were able to work with 12 meioses (a three-generational family with four grandparents, two parents, and four children) and seven marker loci.
- My personal hope is that students will have some intuitive understanding of meiosis as the physical basis of genetics.
- Meiosis, often achieved through a trope of one word, may range from bitter scorn to light derision.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.