In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto de fusión masculino
- Saturated fatty acids have higher melting points than unsaturated materials and are typically solid at room temperature.
- Bronze is easier to cast than copper because it has a lower melting point and is more liquid than copper at a given temperature.
- The refractory metals are conveniently described as those which, first of all, melt at temperatures well above the melting points of the common alloying bases, iron, cobalt, and nickel.
- Cocoa butter is the fat in chocolate and it has a melting point very close to body temperature.
- The heat has to be about four thousand degrees Fahrenheit, which was almost the melting point of gold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.