In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1crisol masculinoa melting pot of different cultures — un crisol de culturas diversas
- to be in the melting pot — estar sobre el tapete
- Since the beginning of the century, the city had been the epicentre of world art; a melting pot that mixed surrealist outrage with vastly diverse styles of painting.
- The initial concept that all the people forming the Modern Nation-states will result in a uniform culture, a melting pot, has been lately questioned.
- London is host to a diversity and is a melting pot of culture.
- Tone-on-tone or monochrome colour combinations keep this melting pot of styles together and ensure a look that is not too loud.
- Step outside of Trinidad, however, and it's a totally different melting pot.
- India, with its rich historical and cultural heritage, has become a melting pot of different civilizations.
- Not surprisingly, fusion cuisine continued to be popular, melding tastes from different cultures into one melting pot.
- Since its inception, jazz has been a melting pot of musical styles, reflecting the nation in which it was born.
- Kees, the band, is set to create a melting pot of musical styles both locally and abroad which will shift the dimensions of local music.
- New Orleans, a melting pot of European culture in the South, is a treat for the senses.
- Located on the southwest tip of the Subcontinent, facing the Indian Ocean, Cochin is one of the world's great melting pots of culture, where people of multiple religions and ethnic backgrounds have lived peaceably for centuries.
- They take a good deal of interest in the exhibits lined up in the 25 stalls there, making the event a melting pot of cultures.
- He talks about the ways in which tribes in particular neighborhoods retain tribal customs and loyalties, rather than having merged into a melting pot.
- Britain has become one of the most ethnically mixed countries in the world, and out of its cultural melting pot, new words and new dialects are being created.
- They play a melting pot of styles from country blues to folk, as well as some stunning new original compositions that are impossible to pigeonhole.
- This city is one huge melting pot of different ethnic groups.
- The United States is considered to be a melting pot of cultures.
- The resulting exhibition is a melting pot of different styles and ideas - the only common theme being the small size of the artworks.
- We're a melting pot of different cultural traditions, without the commonalities to bind us all together.
- This region was a cultural melting pot into which many ideas flowed, along with goods and commodities from the Asian trade routes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.