In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Administraciónmemorándum masculinoservicio interno masculino España
- A march held last week handed over a memorandum to business and government, demanding a halt to job losses.
- Government has approved a Cabinet memorandum to turn the National Council for Construction into a statutory body.
- After it was over, the focus-group research company ground out a report, which was then incorporated into memoranda at the client company and the advertising agency.
- The chairman of the multilateral talks, Pierre Girard, a Swiss diplomat, circulated a memorandum Tuesday to member states to reconvene the meeting, according to the sources.
- His involvement in high politics started in 1584, when he wrote his first political memorandum, A Letter of Advice to Queen Elizabeth.
- He and Paek on Saturday also signed a memorandum of understanding that will establish a regular consultation mechanism between their countries' foreign ministries.
- Several of Johannesburg's agencies have signed a memorandum of understanding to support a City strategy aimed at creating an investor-friendly environment.
- The group is believed to have signed a memorandum of understanding with an aircraft company for the provision of aircraft.
- Government agencies will sign a memorandum of understanding to commit to the plan, and a committee will make regular reports to the community.
- The department and the municipality have signed a memorandum of understanding identifying an urgent need for relocation, provision and supply of decent houses to flood victims.
3Comerciomemorandum of association — escritura pública de constitución femenino
- memorandum of understanding — memorando de entendimiento
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.