In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1menstrualthe menstrual cycle — el ciclo menstrual
- We examined whether women with irregular cycles have more menstrual symptoms than do women with regular cycles.
- Perhaps someone was using them to relieve arthritis pain, a headache or painful menstrual cramps.
- Firstly, there is a large discrepancy between women's perception of their menstrual loss and accurate measurement of the blood flow.
- The roots and rhizomes are widely used in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and menstrual dysfunction.
- However, another study concluded that an early second injection does not change menstrual patterns.
- In addition, abnormal menstrual bleeding can be controlled to some extent by the use of hormonal medications.
- Do you think someone's behavior may be telling you about a menstrual disorder?
- The gestational age of all women was confirmed, either by menstrual dates or by second trimester ultrasonography.
- An incorrect menstrual history can, of course, alter the correct interpretation of the test.
- Women must have sufficient iron stores to prevent iron deficiency from menstrual blood loss or pregnancy.
- Patients may also present with chronic lower abdominal or pelvic pain, or alterations in the menstrual pattern.
- The adolescent needs to know that the menstrual changes are not harmful.
- If menstrual irregularity occurs in the adolescent with bulimia, a limited evaluation is necessary.
- The menstrual status of the subjects was monitored during the study to check whether it remained unchanged.
- In all instances, the irregular women reported more menstrual distress than did the regular women.
- During a normal menstrual cycle, if pregnancy does not occur, the endometrium is shed as menstrual flow.
- Thus, a low percentage of body fat should be seen as a signal that disordered eating and menstrual disturbances may be present
- Such hormones are often prescribed for painful menstrual cramps and ovarian cysts, among other problems.
- The first day of the menstrual cycle is defined as the first day of menstrual blood loss.
- A sample of 2,000 women completed a questionnaire about their menstrual pain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.