In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Women have higher iron needs because of physiological losses through menstruation and pregnancy.
- Typically, menstruation and ovulation cease with the menopause, at around age 51 or 52.
- Topics will include menstruation, sexuality, pregnancy and childbirth in a cultural context.
- Women around the age of 50 are usually considered to be past their menopause if menstruation has not occurred for a year.
- Your temperature rises after ovulation and falls back down again at menstruation, until the next time you ovulate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.