In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(software/program) guiado por menú
- The survey instrument was a specially created, extensive, and very structured menu-driven questionnaire that covered a broad spectrum of symptoms within 12 different categories of physical health or function.
- The trackball cursor devices and menu-driven displays, for instance, control nearly every piece of avionics in the cockpit.
- First, the use of computerized, menu-driven questionnaires, which allowed for direct input of data into the computers, enhanced the accuracy and consistency of the interviews.
- A relatively new entry from ‘down under’ is SmartSpec, a menu-driven specification system that can work independently of any word-processor.
- The size of a pager, the pump has menu-driven programming and can hold up to 300 units of insulin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.