In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banco mercantil masculino
- The licence of a thirteenth merchant bank was suspended and its ownership transferred while the business of three other merchant banks has been halted.
- A merchant bank, venture capital firm, or conventional lender that is unfamiliar with a business will find it more difficult to assess risk and will be less accommodating.
- The merchant bank will have relationships with acquiring banks that can handle both credit card processing and Internet payments.
- To strengthen the local financial institutions, a massive merger exercise has been launched to reduce the number of banking institutions to 10 giant banking groups, each with a commercial bank, a finance company and a merchant bank.
- On August 31, 2001, the government engaged the merchant bank to investigate the rail company's financial strength.
- In wide open economic societies like the G8 countries, merchant banks can also replace the role of the central bank.
- I've no problems with merchant banks, but the public and voluntary sector need good managers.
- Some British firms employed merchant banks to arrange their supply of capital finance.
- There were high street banks, building societies, merchant banks and investment banks.
- That has always been the situation with the universal banks of jurisdictions like Germany, but in England the clearing banks and merchant banks were for over a century institutionally separate.
- You helped show us, for instance, that when an ambitious Canadian bank builds a merchant bank, there are two places you want to be: running it or borrowing from it.
- The four largest retail banks and the French bank were nationalized, as were the thirty-four leading insurance companies, but not the smaller banks nor merchant banks.
- Zambian exporters have been urged to take advantage of new financial and trading initiatives rather than wait on traditional commercial and merchant banks to adjust their credit policies.
- ‘It must be able to operate as a merchant bank as well as a venture capital financial institution,’ he said.
- The management of the funds available for investment was initially put in the hands of merchant banks as investment managers.
- The ability to work hard and play hard is the kind of quality that merchant banks looked for in employees during the hardcore Yuppie years of the late 80s.
- In our experience as a merchant bank, we've found that 70% of family businesses don't survive to the next generation.
- Without the merchant banks, it would have been difficult to establish this link.
- The convent building was originally a merchant bank and had come down through their family.
- And why can we not accommodate our really big projects under the African Development Bank, or even the merchant banks in South Africa?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.