In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A transient experience of synaesthesia can be induced in non-synaesthetes by drugs such as hashish and mescaline.
- This class includes LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide), mescaline and peyote.
- A relative of both amphetamine and mescaline, MDMA is often described as a stimulant with psychedelic qualities.
- Some hallucinogens, such as PCP and MDMA are addictive, while others, such as LSD, psilocybin, and mescaline are not.
- For example, a person who experiences a hallucination on LSD or mescaline might see the exact same hallucination days later while high on marijuana alone.
- Ecstasy, also known as MDMA, is a synthetic, psychoactive drug chemically similar to the stimulant methamphetamine and the hallucinogen mescaline.
- They were first exposed to powerful psychedelics such as LSD, mescaline, and psilocybin as volunteers in government military research in the early '60s.
- They were basically protocols for taking hashish, mescaline and opium.
- At Stanford, volunteering for psychology experiments, he discovered mescaline, LSD and hallucinations.
- This problem is compounded for the class of chemicals termed alkaloids, which includes most drugs of abuse: heroin, cocaine, nicotine, mescaline, LSD, and others.
- MDMA is structurally similar to the stimulant methamphetamine and to the hallucinogen mescaline, lending to its effects as both a stimulant and hallucinogenic.
- Different drugs like mescaline, coke, heroin and mushrooms are mentioned in the song.
- The new amounts are 20 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of hashish, mescaline or opium, 1.5 grams of cocaine, 1 gram of heroin or methamphetamine, and 0.003 grams of LSD.
- It is considered the typical hallucinogen, and the characteristics of its action and effects described in this Research Report apply to the other hallucinogens, including mescaline, psilocybin, and ibogaine.
- During the 1940s and 1950s both scientists and government intelligence agencies were interested in using hallucinogenic drugs such as mescaline and LSD as a ‘truth drug’.
- MDMA is structurally similar to amphetamine and mescaline, which is a hallucinogen.
- An extra complication is the large number of drawings in his oeuvre that were done under the influence of hallucinogens, especially mescaline.
- The band's prodigious consumption of marijuana, mescaline and LSD helped transform them into one of the most influential pioneers of what was to become known as psychedelic rock.
- When misrepresented, phencyclidine is usually marketed as THC, mescaline, peyote, methamphetamine, and LSD.
- Also, hallucinogenic drugs, such as mescaline and LSD, are known to produce visions of striped tunnels and spiral chambers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.