In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- How long it takes for the body to metabolize each drink?
- Besides beneficial fiber, foods rich in complex carbs contain vitamins and minerals, which help your body digest, absorb, and metabolize protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Keep fit - fitter bodies metabolise alcohol more easily.
- Meanwhile, as the liver metabolises alcohol it produces acetaldehyde, a vinegar-like substance which has a toxic effects on the liver itself, the brain and the stomach lining, causing severe headaches.
- If you follow this meal pattern, your digestion is generally never taxed beyond its capacity, and your body efficiently metabolizes the food you eat.
- Because of my metabolic problems, my body doesn't metabolize the food correctly.
- The rate at which the liver metabolizes these herbs and drugs determines the length of time these herbs or drugs stay active in the body.
- When the body metabolizes glucose, energy to fuel essential body functions is produced.
- These alkaloids are produced when our bodies metabolise beer, wine or spirits, and have been found in chocolate at concentrations of as high as 7 micrograms per gram.
- If we swim hard or work under water, we breathe more, because our bodies metabolise food and oxygen to produce energy.
- These proteins determine, among other things, how the organism looks, how well its body metabolizes food or fights infection and sometimes even how it behaves.
- If protein is provided continually, the extra protein and amino acids are metabolized by the body, requiring more energy.
- Ceasing caffeine consumption five to six hours prior to sleeping, thus allowing more time for the body to metabolize the caffeine, will lessen these side-effects.
- The rate at which their livers metabolize a drug and at which their kidneys eliminate it are different.
- Water suppresses the appetite and helps the body metabolize stored fat.
- Researchers looking for the potential biochemical basis for this link have focused on acetaldehyde, a suspected carcinogen formed as the body metabolizes alcohol.
- Two scientists at Vrije University in Amsterdam said components in coffee seem to help the body metabolize sugar, thereby reducing the risk of diabetes, which affects 130 million people worldwide.
- While sleep deprivation can have varying effects on your health, it can definitely hamper the way your body metabolizes certain foods and your preparation for athletic performance.
- Type 2 diabetes is a chronic medical condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose).
- He says doctors have told him his body metabolises oxygen at an unusually high rate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.