In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1metamorfosis femeninoto undergo a metamorphosis — sufrir / experimentar una metamorfosis
- Although he has seemed to stay frozen in time, Bond has actually undergone a series of very subtle metamorphoses.
- Moralising interpretations generally explained physical metamorphosis as the external manifestation of the bestial nature within.
- This metamorphosis has happened because while I'm happy to embrace country living I like it to be wrapped up in a duck-down duvet of urban comfort.
- The twist is that this metamorphosis is emphasized by the fact that the young heroine, Ginger, is simultaneously becoming a werewolf.
- Larry, of course, has gotten a few laughs out of Laurie's metamorphosis.
- The derision into which the Cult of the Supreme Being fell after the overthrow of the Jacobins did not discredit the theme, which underwent a series of conservative metamorphoses in the 19th century.
- When it comes to national security, however, no one can say with assurance whether her metamorphosis is genuine.
- Yet a slow but steady metamorphosis is taking place.
- That, then, is the latest metamorphosis of ‘base football player’.
- This political metamorphosis is not the one chronicled this week by the mainstream press in both Mexico and the United States.
- It uses the narrative as a way to investigate the notion of architectural metamorphosis and redemption, and it does so by means of powerful installation pieces.
- In its metamorphosis from novella to film, it wisely maintains the convention of narration, but unwisely pushes it to the wayside.
- So what kind of metamorphosis does the photograph as a form of animation effectuate?
- A close examination of the fresco reveals a series of allusions to metamorphosis.
- The credits went through a handful of metamorphoses before the show debuted in summer 2007.
- Table 4 captures this metamorphosis in major party support in a different way.
- The cast handle this metamorphosis excellently.
- After the second-half metamorphosis, it has suddenly become clear that there will be real competition for places come the summer.
- Later, we see her in real terror as Namtar's metamorphosis takes hold and changes her very being.
- Poster proceeds to outline his own metamorphosis over nine chapters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.