In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(measuring device)gas/electricity/water meter — contador de gas/electricidad/agua masculino
- volt meter — voltímetro
- slot meter — contador — que funciona con monedas
- to read the meter — leer el medidor
- before noun meter reader — revisora de contador
- Security comes from your electricity meter, the device that should stop anyone else from using your electricity without you knowing.
- Details of meter numbers, past meter readings, billing information and names and addresses are all passed from one supplier to another by computer.
- A system can be specified in any of 144 combinations that use the company's instruments and meters.
- A trifield meter measures the electromagnetic frequency in the space around it.
- During several of these dives, the scientists will deploy an instrument called a gravity meter to measure very tiny changes in the pull of gravity that hint at the nature of buried faults.
- Electro magnetic frequency meters will measure fluctuations in electromagnetic frequency, which could suggest a spirit is using the energy to manifest.
- If you think your bill is inaccurate, read your meter, give the reading to your supplier, and ask for an amended bill.
- I am happy with my meter only being read once a year.
- OK, I'll just put you through to the electricity meter department so you can give them the reading.
- They produce most of the energy at very low frequency, where a meter can only give a very approximate measurement.
- This new technology will enable residents to keep a check on their own electricity and water consumption and act as a record for the meter readings.
- If so, then the extra revenue will pay for the cost of gas, repairs, licenses and administrative fees - which have all increased since the meter rate was last set.
- Automated meter reading is no longer just a time-saving device to collect data for billing purposes.
- One of the simplest lung function tests uses a peak-flow meter to measure the rate at which you expel air.
- Record the number that the meter reads (this is known as a reading).
- Error tolerance criteria were used to evaluate the accuracy of the glucose meter measurements.
- Many of us realize and understand that spirits we encounter give off electrical impulses, this is why we so easily find them with EMF meters and such devices.
- A better but more expensive measuring device is a laser meter.
- The isotope source gives off photons, usually Gamma rays, which radiate back to the meter's detectors on the bottom of the unit.
- The pub offers an all-night cellar vigil including the use of infra-red cameras, dousing rods, and a meter for measuring electro-magnetic fields for serious enthusiasts.
2parking meterparquímetro masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.