In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(measuring device)gas/electricity/water meter — contador de gas/electricidad/agua masculino
- volt meter — voltímetro
- slot meter — medidor
- to read the meter — leer el contador
- before noun meter reader — revisor de contador
- One of the simplest lung function tests uses a peak-flow meter to measure the rate at which you expel air.
- OK, I'll just put you through to the electricity meter department so you can give them the reading.
- Automated meter reading is no longer just a time-saving device to collect data for billing purposes.
- A trifield meter measures the electromagnetic frequency in the space around it.
- This new technology will enable residents to keep a check on their own electricity and water consumption and act as a record for the meter readings.
- Many of us realize and understand that spirits we encounter give off electrical impulses, this is why we so easily find them with EMF meters and such devices.
- Security comes from your electricity meter, the device that should stop anyone else from using your electricity without you knowing.
- Record the number that the meter reads (this is known as a reading).
- If you think your bill is inaccurate, read your meter, give the reading to your supplier, and ask for an amended bill.
- They produce most of the energy at very low frequency, where a meter can only give a very approximate measurement.
- I am happy with my meter only being read once a year.
- A better but more expensive measuring device is a laser meter.
- Details of meter numbers, past meter readings, billing information and names and addresses are all passed from one supplier to another by computer.
- The isotope source gives off photons, usually Gamma rays, which radiate back to the meter's detectors on the bottom of the unit.
- The pub offers an all-night cellar vigil including the use of infra-red cameras, dousing rods, and a meter for measuring electro-magnetic fields for serious enthusiasts.
- Error tolerance criteria were used to evaluate the accuracy of the glucose meter measurements.
- A system can be specified in any of 144 combinations that use the company's instruments and meters.
- During several of these dives, the scientists will deploy an instrument called a gravity meter to measure very tiny changes in the pull of gravity that hint at the nature of buried faults.
- If so, then the extra revenue will pay for the cost of gas, repairs, licenses and administrative fees - which have all increased since the meter rate was last set.
- Electro magnetic frequency meters will measure fluctuations in electromagnetic frequency, which could suggest a spirit is using the energy to manifest.
2parking meterparquímetro masculino
1(con contador) medir
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.