In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Scottish executive has substantially widened access to methadone as a substitute for heroin addicts.
- But whereas heroin can be replaced with methadone, no drug has been found to substitute for cocaine.
- The project, the first of its kind in the York area, aims to help addicts of heroin and other opiate drugs such as methadone.
- Only this week I have had ketamine and methadone, both controlled drugs that merit an article themselves.
- These were followed by methadone, then amphetamines and methamphetamines.
- She hopes the course in methadone, a heroin substitute, will help her get her life back together.
- Where I was brought up, heroin and methadone was the big problem from age sixteen.
- The doctor was concerned about this, because the friend was also a heroin addict and was using methadone for his own treatment.
- Among the treatments offered are prescriptions for the heroin substitute methadone and structured courses of day care.
- Most people know of methadone only as the drug used to withdraw heroin addicts.
- Drug workers stress that methadone is just one option for treatment that is appropriate only in certain cases.
- This prisoner has been placed on methadone, the morphine substitute drug.
- Maintenance of addicts on methadone reduces the incidence of fatal and non-fatal heroin overdoses.
- The alternative treatment for heroin addiction is the drug methadone which is taken in tablet form.
- You can be given scripts for methadone and other treatments, but this is just to keep the crime figures down.
- He thought he could carry on if he was addicted to methadone rather than heroin.
- He said she was prescribed such large amounts of the heroin substitute methadone that she could stockpile it.
- I am pumped full of drugs: methadone, morphine, opium, marijuana, the whole lot.
- Some addicts become as reliant on methadone as they were on heroin.
- One of the key components of programmes designed to get users off drugs is the heroin substitute, methadone.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.