In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a mi parecer
- In which case methinks we should utilize this peculiar soothsaying ability for more capitalistic means than mere survival.
- But the inclusion of quizzes was unnecessary, methinks.
- But methinks also that the left has already made up its mind.
- He seems to have risen to the occasion fairly well, methinks.
- My parents' generation, methinks, largely failed to see the value in life without money.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.