In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(means)método masculinoteaching methods — métodos pedagógicos / de enseñanza
- method of payment — forma de pago
- This was unknown to management, and operators often used their own methods to clear it.
- Randomised controlled trials are the best way to assess new methods of management.
- Brewers use several methods to produce beers and lagers with low alcohol content.
- The most crude method is to look at how far a politician has climbed up the greasy pole marked promotion.
- It could be down to problems with the people or the process, the methods, or the tools.
- This leads to some necessary tweaking of the rules, such as methods for breaking ties.
- Some less final, but highly curious methods have been used in the past to this pragmatic end.
- Statistics are given in support of this approach for two of the methods evaluated.
- They all have their own agendas and they all have their own methods of attracting attention.
- The interview is probably the most widely employed method in qualitative research.
- The ultimate logic of this method is automatic writing developed by the surrealists.
- The good news is that the questions seem to be very good, and the testing methods are smooth and easy.
- He had absolute belief in himself and his methods, and wasn't afraid to say so to anybody.
- New research claims people are keen to give to charity but are put off by some of the methods employed.
- The particular virtue of this method was the directness of style it engendered.
- From there we also looked at who we would approach and what methods we would use to make contact.
- That cut the journey between the two metropolises to just over half an hour by either method.
- Try to get one or two methods or techniques that you become proficient at and work on them.
- James explained why he though organic methods are being widely practiced in the area.
- It is a useful means of organizing research methods and approaches to data analysis.
- The full power of the law must be brought down on people who practise such methods.
- A much better method is to grab a leg in each hand and pull violently in opposite directions.
- After a few minutes of this without a burp I decided to try another tried and tested method.
- Driving the ribbon by this method would be opposite to our existing arrangement.
- When my son was younger and had a temper tantrum, I found the simplest methods were best.
- Using force is always the last resort and our methods emphasise the safety of young people.
- The methods used are exactly the same as for a commercial organisation selling a product.
- Infection control methods were put into place at the weekend to try and stop the spread of the virus.
1.2(methodical procedure)método masculino
2Teatrothe Method — el método (de Stanislavsky-Strasberg)
- before noun a Method actor — un actor del método (Stanislavsky-Strasberg)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.