In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
adjetivo & nombre
- His fluency in girl-talk clearly marks him out as a metrosexual, in touch with his feminine side, which bodes well, as Lette is, to all intents and purposes, treating the evening as a hen night.
- If male, we wonder about whether we are metrosexuals, and we purchase products to construct our own identities.
- Forget the metrosexuals who worry about hair gel, designer jeans and getting in touch with their sensitive side - Cam is about promoting sport, flannelette, beer, camping, barbecues and good old-fashioned values.
- ‘The metrosexual is quite a phenomenon in our country today and so I thought that I should explore this trend in the Ibda'a feature,’ he says.
- At face value, the typical metrosexual is a straight man who has homosexual or effeminate characteristics.
- I fear, though, that if you called him a metrosexual, he would make a witty quip, flick some invisible dust from his perfectly tailored lapels with his manicured hands, and shoot you.
- Even these guys on the list who are not metrosexuals are aware of their image.
- Gentrification notwithstanding, I don't think that the Manhattan metrosexual has quite reached this part of Brooklyn yet.
- No doubt some of these are metrosexuals, those city-dwelling gents with more than enough disposable income to spend on clothes, restaurants, the latest gadgets, exotic holidays and eyebrow waxing.
- There's this friend of mine is highly infatuated with a certain metrosexual whom she calls - what else - The Metrosexual.
- Genuine guys are sometimes known as retrosexuals, to distinguish them from metrosexuals, who are men with the good taste of gay men, only they're straight.
- I am frequently towed along to these places by my girlfriend as my gruff exterior conceals a metrosexual's eye for a fetching piece of fashionable apparel.
- Anyway, I'm here to prove that makeup ain't just for metrosexuals.
- Not for every day, if only because on the weekend and weekend nights, the place is so full of numpties, but a bankable choice for the time-short metrosexual in a hurry on a quiet weekday.
- In that respect, I am already something of a metrosexual.
- Far from being metrosexuals with more knowledge of moisturisers than midfielders, the man of 2005 will regard grooming as a matter of damage limitation.
- Every Wednesday I watch in amazement as rigid, gay-weary men turn into man-hugging metrosexuals over the course of a day.
- The fragmented, stop-over town is home of the Wallabies Rugby Union Club - no New Age metrosexuals here.
- Just as truckers' caps begin to diffuse out to the average metrosexual a few weeks after becoming cool, the glitterati already declare them passé.
- I'm sure there are some long-time metrosexuals who are praying this will secure his conversion to the dark side, once he gets used to admiring his pretty reflection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.