In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also mezzanine floorentresuelo masculinoentrepiso masculinomezzanine femenino América Latina
- The new block contains a new entrance at ground level and a mezzanine that projects over the entrance hall like a protruding tongue.
- Situated on the steps leading from ground floor to the mezzanine, entitled Artist's Breath, the work is infused with pathos and mystery.
- It's a light and breezy ground floor and mezzanine, not too clattery, doing brisk business on a weekday lunchtime.
- His design retains the north and south brick facades of the old building and inserts the new structure of six main floors and three mezzanines within them.
- The Science Centre has three 8m high floors, arranged with the possibility of inserting mezzanines inside the curved north facade.
- The planned refurbishment would remove the mezzanine, an important part of the building's heritage significance
- Steel girders have been used in its construction, which could allow for building of a second storey or mezzanine.
- It measures 9x7m and houses two mezzanine floors once connected by a spiral staircase.
- Above the wide steps, the next major level is an open mezzanine, also sharing the great window.
- The accommodation briefly comprises ground floor lounge bar, first floor mezzanine area, second floor catering kitchen (with service lift to bar area).
- The ground floor and mezzanine will be occupied by the society and the rest will be given over to other offices.
- The two-story spaces with interior stairwells and mezzanines also act as vertical bridges between floors in the six-story towers.
- The Malleswaram market in the new parking complex plan has a basement, ground floor, mezzanine, three floors and a terrace across 70,000 sq ft, as does the Seshadripuram market.
- The third, fourth and fifth floors also have mezzanines.
- The box has three sleeping areas: two at ground level and a bunk on a suspended mezzanine.
- Here, the architects added a mezzanine to create an extra 27,000 square feet of floor space.
- Elsewhere, concrete replaces rotten wood floors, window frames have been repaired, and a mezzanine was installed on the ground floor to expand exhibition space.
- Presiding over the spacious Bar Red dance floor is the decadent ‘Gold Man’ statue, which greets you as you ascend the spiral staircase to the Red mezzanine floor.
- The major structural change is the addition of a stair connecting the mezzanine to the upper level.
- They are countering the space loss by inserting a mezzanine between the ground and first floors.
2EEUUTeatroplatea alta femenino
- I had a choice between back orchestra all the way on one side, and middle mezzanine.
- We're going to meet on the left side of the mezzanine between the opening act and The Fiery Furnaces to meet James [Mercer, her cousin and lead singer of The Shins] and get backstage passes.
- A $25 ticket earns a seat in the uppermost mezzanine, the floor set with chairs for the $250 people.
- A balcony above the mezzanine displayed the porcelain, clothing, and other goods offered for sale.
- Later I see the famous mad scene from the best seat in the house, perched atop a mezzanine in the Great Hall of Lammermoor Castle.
- Three women peered over the banister of the mezzanine.
- With good sightlines, a mezzanine and balcony that hovered over the action, and regularly scheduled doubleheaders, the Garden was a perfect venue for round-ball.
- The first people in the theatre, they walked out - but after the first night, there were lines around the theatre, they sold out the mezzanine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.