In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1oído medio masculino
- The middle ear includes all the parts between your eardrum and the hearing nerve, inside your head.
- Frequently this occurs as a result of impaction of ear wax or inflammation of the eardrum or the middle ear.
- The captured waves vibrate the eardrum and tiny bones of the middle ear to amplify and pass the sound to the inner ear.
- The eustachian tube connects your middle ear to your throat (as shown on the illustration above).
- In some cases, a doctor may suggest inserting a tube through the eardrum to allow the middle ear to drain.
- The middle ear is the air-filled area between the eardrum and the inner ear, and infections here can be extremely painful.
- Rare causes of vertigo include stroke or multiple sclerosis or a tumour affecting the nerve connecting the middle ear to the brain.
- The outer ear picks up sounds and passes them to the middle ear through the eardrum.
- A pneumatic bulb is required to accurately assess the tympanic membrane and the aeration of the middle ear.
- The clinical presentation of vascular anomalies involving the middle ear is highly variable.
- The surgeon will make a small hole in the eardrum and remove fluid from the middle ear using suction.
- It is a membrane covered manhole between the middle ear and inner ear.
- This is a condition where thick sticky fluid accumulates behind the eardrum as a result of an infection of the middle ear.
- The infection spreads from the nose or throat through the Eustachian tube, a passage between the throat and the middle ear.
- Lying behind the eardrum is an air-filled cavity known as the middle ear, which is connected to the back of the throat via the eustachian tube.
- Cholesteatoma is an accumulation of squamous epithelium within the middle ear.
- The sound is normally conducted through the air through the external ear into the middle ear.
- This is because when the drainage tube is blocked, the air in the middle ear is absorbed into the blood in the middle-ear lining.
- A chronic middle ear infection is a long-lasting infection in the middle ear.
- The eustachian tube also allows for drainage of mucus from the middle ear into the throat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.